#Garden help (seasonal)
#Metal Fabricator or Welder to assist
bicycle powered tool project
#Videography Editing and
#Anyone interested in teaching a skill or trade
*Please call to schedule volunteering
ahead of time! Thank you!*
HELP WANTED: FARM MANAGER, Woodstock,
specializing in fruits and vegetables on small scale, coach volunteers to feed the hungry through food
banks. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
who is knowledgeable and experienced in the cultivation,
planting, growing, maintenance and harvesting of vegetables on an non-profit farm. Small farm located in
Redford MI, We would like to produced 215 tons of vegetables in the next coming years, all of
which will be donated to the area food banks, food pantries and soup kitchens feeding more than 15,000 people
per month. Farm utilized approximately 20 volunteers (mostly 65 to 10 years of age) for planting and
harvesting.Support is provided in office management and recruitment/ scheduling/ coordination of
● Positive thinker
with of energy and aggressiveness, devoted to helping the hungry.
● Knowledge and
experience in growing on large scale an extensive range of vegetables.
● Able to analyze and
organizational and supervisory skills
● Good communication and
● Enjoys instructing and
mentoring young volunteers with confidence and patience
● Farm equipment
● Aptitude for working
with computers for planning, budgeting, scheduling
● Cautious, constantly
concerned with safety and protection of visitors
● Farm operating
knowledge of modern drip irrigation system.
perform the following tasks:
● Under supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, manage the capital, plans
and strategic direction of the farm under policies of the Board of
● Manage the financial aspects of the business by
● Organize and manage the various functions of the farm
with the aid of volunteers.
● Decide or advise on the kind of crops to be grown, the area to
be sown or planted.
● Plan the type of farming activities to be undertaken, estimate
operating costs and order supplies such as seed, fertilizer, and farm
● Manage with aid of volunteers the irrigation system to provide
appropriate moisture to growing plants utilizing plastic mulch and drip
● Assuring health and safety of all farm visitors, direct farm
volunteer workers on crop growing and harvesting.
farming functions to be instructive to volunteers.
● Assure that all equipment (tractors, implements, sprayers,
trucks, wagons), are operated away from all volunteers to protect them from
accidents or health problems.
● Plan activities to minimize environmental degradation,
monitor environmental effects of farming activities and repair existing
● Maintain records to help in future planning and scheduling of
plantings and non-chemical application.